Cups of coffee consumed.
Lines of code written.
A few things about Dante…
A few of Dante’s core features
What others are saying
- The interaction with you [Jan Koster], other Film Arts staff members at Open Window, and your students, was great. They are privileged to be studying under the guidance of people like yourself and the indefatigably energetic King of the Underworld, Pluto [Panoussis].Bert OlivierProfessor of Philosophy - Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Port Elizabeth
- They [Open Window films at the iMPAC festival] are all about pushing cinematic, artistic and technological boundaries and, in watching them, you find yourself marveling at the possibilities and the filmmakers’ skills.Annette BayneThe Citizen
- Profoto SA and myself would like to thank Open Window for hosting the recent Academy event in Gauteng. The logistical support, marketing and hands-on efforts all made this event the success that it was. We strongly believe that collaborations like these are the backbone of the survival of this industry in SA and we will strive to host even more of these events in the near future. Our international delegates where extremely impressed with the dedication of all involved and in particular the team and facilities at the Open Window. We trust that you will be open to more of these initiatives in the years to come to strengthen our relationship even more.Hendre LouwBrand Manager - Profoto South Africa
- The Open Window School of Visual Communication attracted me to its programme because of its hands on and multi-disciplinary approach. As a budding advertiser, creative or marketer in an evolving omni-channel world, one can no longer think of oneself as being a 'specialist', but rather as 'hybrid' – someone who is able to distinctively apprehend a consumer's interaction with a brand, carefully plan, and finally execute a strategy accordingly across multiple touch points. In many ways, it's the reason the visual communication course at OW is no doubt challenging, but it certainly gives students the solid foundation they need as they enter the fast paced and highly competitive creative communications industry. And it's this exact type of foundation that organisations in the industry are currently looking for when hiring new talent.Mark ZellerManager, Marketing & Communications - Ogilvy & Mather South Africa
- As you drive off, you’re left with the impression that this exhibition is likely to add momentum to the rumours that there is something special happening at this school. If somebody finds it impossible to study anything other than film because of some menacing creative inclination coupled with the astounding ubiquity of the moving image in our global culture, then they might just find the Open Window an abundant outlet.Frank BeaumontFilm buff reviewing a film arts exhibition at Open Window for an obscure online blog
- Travis most certainly has grown in leaps and bounds, without a shadow of a doubt! We have seen such tremendous growth in his capabilities, his outlook on life, his potential and his vision for his future prospects and career path. Thanks to all of the lecturers and staff for the role they played in Travis’ life at Open Window.Brian and Pat CleevelyParents
Meet our team
Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Nulla nunc dui, tristique in semper vel, congue sed ligula. Nam dolor ligula, faucibus id sodales in, auctor fringill torquent per conubia nostra.FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US